A dental crown is a restoration used to restore the health, appearance, and function of a tooth that has experienced moderate to severe damage. The crown is custom made to cover the entire tooth structure, starting at the gum line. This returns the tooth to its original shape, size, and structure. Crowns are very versatile restorations and can be used for a number of restorative and aesthetic purposes. Dr. Griffith may recommend a dental crown to improve your smile by:
- Restoring a significantly decayed or damaged tooth
- Covering a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- Enhancing the appearance of a seriously stained or darkened tooth
- Anchoring a dental bridge
- Protecting a tooth following root canal therapy
- Improving the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Strengthening a fractured or otherwise weakened tooth
- Supporting a large dental filling when little tooth structure remains
Dental crowns can be created from a variety of materials, such as gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. During your individual consultation at our office, our dentist will help you determine which type of dental crown in Casper, Wyoming, is best suited to your unique desires and needs.
The process for placing a custom crown typically requires only two visits to our office. During the first appointment, Dr. Griffith will prepare the tooth and take molds and impressions so that your crown can be created at a dental laboratory. In the second visit, we will cement the permanent crown in place for a lasting restoration. To learn more and to schedule your next visit to our office, we welcome you to contact us today.